Where is EdMedia?
Registration, keynotes, and all concurrent sessions will take place inside the conference hotel. The conference has blocked a limited number of specially discounted hotel rooms at this primary conference hotel.
The Westin Alexandria
Please support your conference by reserving your room at this hotel. If the reserved block of discounted rooms and not booked, the conference must pay a sizable penalty. Thank you!
The Westin Alexandria is blocks from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and close to Reagan National Airport and Washington, D.C. Our Alexandria hotel is steps away from the Amtrak/Metro station and many boutiques and restaurants in Old Town Alexandria.
Stroll down the cobble-stoned streets of King Street and you’ll be walking in George Washington’s footsteps. Visit the shops, cafes, restaurants and taverns of this historic town and travel back in time!
SPECIAL FOR EDMEDIA ATTENDEES:
- Complimentary Internet Included in Guest Rooms: Join SPG at no charge!
- The Westin Alexandria is offering free shuttle service to downtown Alexandria for EdMedia guests!
Hotel Reservations: Book Online or Call 866-716-8108
Special Hotel Rates
- To receive this special rate, hotel reservations must be made by: May 21, 2017
- Check-in time is 3:00 PM and check-out time is 12:00 PM.
- Only a limited block of rooms are available at this rate, so be sure to book early!
|All rates are US Dollars.|
|**Rates do not include taxes or hotel fees.|
|To receive the special rate, you must identify yourself as part of the EdMedia 2017 Group.|
Room Rates above are available June 17-26, 2017.
The Westin Alexandria: 400 Courthouse Square, Alexandria, VA, 22314-5700, United States
AIR: Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) is approx. 5 miles (15 min. commute) from the conference hotel.
Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD) is approx. 30 miles (50 min. commute) from the conference hotel.
GROUND: The Westin Alexandria does offer shuttle service to limited locations in the surrounding area. Be sure to inquire about transportation when booking your stay.
Metrorail: The blue and yellow metro lines will take you from the airport to a metro station within walking distance from our Alexandria hotel. Travel time is just about 20-25 minutes, and fees vary by time of day. For hours and more information, call (202) 637-7000.
From Terminals B and C: Use either of two enclosed pedestrian bridges on the concourse level that connect directly to the Metrorail station.
From Terminal A: Exit the terminal to the street curb and board any “Airport Shuttle” bus. At the stops for Parking Garages B and C (bus shelter #3 and bus shelter #5) you will find an enclosed pedestrian bridge that connects to the Metrorail station.
From the Metrorail Station, take either the blue line toward Franconia-Springfield or the yellow line toward Huntington and get off at the King Street Metrorail station. The hotel is three blocks away.
SuperShuttle: Arrange a shuttle to our Alexandria hotel for quick and easy transportation. Reservations are required and can be made by calling (800) 258-3826. The cost is $16 for one passenger and $10 for each additional passenger.
Alexandria Yellow Cab: Transportation by taxi to our Alexandria hotel takes just about 15 minutes, is available 24 hours and costs approximately $15. Catch a cab at the airport or reserve one in advance by calling (703) 549-2500.
DC Weather: June
- Mostly cool or comfortable mornings and warm afternoons, from approx. 65°F low to 88°F high.
- Daylight hours are approximately 5:45 am -8:35 pm
- Current Weather in Washington, DC
Points of Interest
The variety of attractions in the Alexandira/DC area can keep visitors entertained for days. Our top picks include:
- Old Town Alexandira (1.5 miles form hotel)
- Alexandria Farmer’s Market (1.5 miles, Saturday mornings)
- Jones Point Lighthouse (2.1 miles)
- King Street Trolley
- Washington National Monument (7.7 miles)
- Lincolm Memorial (8.2 miles)
- Mount Vernon Mansion (8.2 miles)
- Martin Lunther King Jr. National Memorial (8.2 miles)
- The White House (8.2 miles)